This was a lesson for my own vanity. Sometimes I take great pride in the love I feel for my fellow man and it o'er shadows that love itself. The love is genuinely there, but is one of the most damning functions of pride to rend the good of something to a mere facade. It is like doing something nice for a someone and then running around telling everyone what a great person I am for doing it. Even if I don't do that, if I feel like I should be rewarded then I am in a poorer state than the man who just acts on his first selfish impulse. At least he is being honest.
I am leaving the rest of this up, for my own reminder.
Fucking cruel inhuman bastards...
I was having a fantastic day, I was light-hearted and exhuberant, taking care of business and poking fun at solemnity when a string of gunshots sent nature's wild-hearted creatures into a panicked stampede.
Campus Massacre: Gunman Kills 30 at Virginia Tech.
What the fuck!?!
I am so sick of this shit.
Fuck these monsters and their hatred.
This part still applies:
I cannot understand the rationale of people who put their own problems so clearly in the forefront of their thinking that they cannot see the sun. The sky is blue, tomorrow's a new day, and no matter how bad problems seem to be, there is always a better way than violence.
Evil is a very real and very complicated thing. I want so much to be able to live where it is not, but I fear it would come with me wherever I am.
1 comment:
I guess that rationale is not a word to use for people who can't comprehend it. Though Cho Seung Hui was disturbed, he still made the choice to do what he did. He still denied common decency for the sake of his own discrepancies. The blame does not rest solely, even mostly, on his mental imbalance.
Post a Comment