I saw my first political add on television today (I don't watch much t.v.) and immediately a feeling of utter disenchantment bubbled up inside of me. Everything the add said was such a blatant crock of excrement that I could hardly believe it. Do they really expect us to believe these empty words anymore? After everything that has happened in the past twenty years, I really don't even understand why they still feed us such bullshit. I would be so much more likely to vote for the man who just laid it on the line and told me the harsh truth of the matter rather than playing to the same over-used and outdated cock and bull stories that have been the norm for longer than I care to notate. Just what is the harsh truth? Well I will tell you, if you are too dumb or too lazy to figure it out for yourself:
Freedom is not real it is an ideal. Chasing freedom is aiming high while knowing that we will never hit the mark. The government lies to us daily, this is a fact. Their dishonesty has always been a fact and we might as well get used to it. Any politician who claims to be honest is not only a liar, but a condescending idiot who is severely underestimating the intelligence of his or her constituency. Politics is a dirty business when you strip it of all of its bows and two-thousand dollar lingerie. There is nothing even remotely noble about it and it takes dirty businessmen and criminals to really get anything done with it. You gotta' know how to fuck to be good at it. Maybe that was not the original intent, but it sure as hell is the state of things today. Politics equals prostitution; but when we really get right down to it whores need to eat to don't they?
What's wrong with prostitution really? If this is a "free" country favoring enterprise, equality and individual rights, don't loose men and women have the right to capitalize on the basic carnal urges that they specialize in to make enough money so that they can enjoy themselves as much as possible? Doesn't everyone have the right to the fulfillment of their basic human needs and perhaps a little more? Isn't that what this country is all about? Shouldn't the real moral fault here lie on the heads of the Johns and Joans who patronize them?
If you want to make the argument that "these parasites are preying on the weak" well, you're right, but that's nature for you. Predators eat smaller and weaker animals. The simple answer is to make the weak stronger, but that takes work, so yeah, lets keep blaming others for our mistakes and never learn to grow and deal with our consequences ourselves. That's continuing in our great tradition isn't it? Hallelujah. God be praised and God bless America.
In case you think I have digressed from my point, you are wrong. I suggest you look up "extended metaphor" on wikipedia then think about it a little bit more. All the cues are there. All you need to do is watch the news, read up on the history of the past fifty years, and do a bit of objective critical reasoning to see what I am getting at. I am not going to do the work for you because 1) I have already done it for myself and 2)that's one of the sources of the problem in the first place.
You want the truth? Well ask Jack, and when he says "you can't handle the truth" punch him in the face and then beat the information out of him. You won't get the truth that way, he will probably tell you whatever it takes to get you to stop slamming his teeth into the concrete, but if you really want the truth then all you have to do is "Seek and ye shall find," but even seeking is probably a bit more complicated than that innocent four letter word might imply.
It takes bigger stones than most possess to even prepare for the search for truth, but I will give you a hint: step one is the surrender of the self. Step two is: well, step two is find your own damned step two and see where it takes you.
That was fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment